We are delighted to announce that Bournemouth Hockey Club will play host to the local round of this year’s England Hockey Summer 6s championship.
Bournemouth will be just one of 12 clubs hosting a stage of the tournament, which is happening across the country.
The local round will be held on Sunday June 17th at Bournemouth Sports Club, Chapel Gate.
Matches will take place between 11am and 5pm.
This championship is perfect for both keen hockey players and those more occasional players looking for an enjoyable competitive activity.
Starting regionally and with the chance to progress to ‘Area’ and ‘National’ finals, there will be separate men’s and women’s knockout championships. The fixtures will be played across three Sundays in June and July 2018.
The local rounds will consist of:
- Pools of 4 teams, all play all.
- Teams finishing 1st and 2nd in pool qualify for Tier 1 Pools in the afternoon and teams finishing 3rd and 4th in the morning pools qualify for the afternoon Tier 2 Pools.
- The top teams in each afternoon tiered event will qualify for the Area Finals.
- 6-a-side, third of a pitch – width ways, boxes not ‘D’s’, challenges not corners.
- No player eligibility restrictions.
- Teams must register under an England Hockey affiliated club, but can be made of players from any club or even players without a club.
- Clubs may register as many teams as they wish.
Now, here’s your chance to get involved!!
Enter via England Hockey’s Competition Management System (CMS).
The closing date for entries is Sunday 27 May.
Entry fees are £50.00 per team.
To enter follow the steps below, or for more detailed instructions, refer to the CMS User Guide in the ‘Related Links & Documents‘ on the England Hockey website.
Log in to the CMS here.
If you haven’t already got your own log in details, speak with your club secretary.
- Register a team under Team Registration – Select ‘Summer’ in the age grade
- England Hockey will then need to approve the registration (this could take up to 2 working days)
- Once approved, enter the Summer Championships of your choice by clicking on the trophy icon next to your teams name, under Team Registration.
- We will be in touch with more details, including your allocated venue (we will allocate your most local venue for stage 1, dependant on entry numbers and demands)
- Enjoy the Summer Championships!